Little About Solar Pool Heating
Solar pool heating is one of the most cost-effective and long-lasting applications of solar energy that is used almost universally for heating the pools.
Solar Pool Heating system has pumping pool water through a series of tubes, widely known as a Solar Collector usually mounted on the ground or roof of a building. Solar Collectors are a vital component of any Solar Pool Heating System The sunlight heats the circulating water, returning it back to the pool at high temperature. This process heats the pool to a desirable level, as selected by the owner via the Digital Controller.
Solar Pool Heating Process
Usually, Solar pool heating process is consist of the following components:
- Roof Temperature Censor
- Pool Water Temperature Censor
- Solar Pump
- Solar Strip Absorber
- Supply & Return Manifold
- Flat Loop Return Manifolds
- Vacuum Relief Valve (VacRel)
How Does Solar Pool Heating Works?
- The desirable pool temperature is set on systems digital controller.
- Monitoring of both Roof censor and the pool sensor is done by the digital controller and when the difference between the two sensors exceeds 7 to 8 degrees the solar pump will be turned on.
- The solar pump will remain active until the level of the desired temperature is achieved.
- The solar pump will collect the cooler water from the pool and will push it onto the roof, and into the Solar Strip Collector tubes.
- The sunlight heats the Solar Strip Collector; this heat is then transferred into the circulating water and back into the pool.
- The warm pool water then reaches the TufReturn manifolds and continues to collect heat whilst being pushed back towards the return manifold and pipes.
- Now heated pool water is returned back to the pool at an elevated temperature.
- When the pool sensor reads a temperature within 2˚C of your desired temperature, the solar pump will be turn off and the water will flow out of the solar system. This water is then replaced by air using the VacRel (Vacuum Relief Valve) to avoid the collector tubes being sucked flat.
This system has a low initial set up cost, and will also satisfy most pool owners with its simple design and very low maintenance costs. This system has got the ability to increase your swimming season by up to six months.
Chill with this modern system, and enjoy the benefits of having a pool – more enjoyment, fitness and fun for everyone.
Latest posts by Mark Thomas (see all)
- Best Rated Solar Powered Pool Heaters – Top 10 Reviews - September 22, 2019
- Best Rated Solar Cover Reel For Inground Pool – Top 10 Reviews - September 22, 2019
- Best Rated Solar Cover Reel For Above Ground Pool – Top 10 Reviews - September 21, 2019